Welcome to the year 2015. The year of Back to the Future 2’s future that’s nothing like the predictions so far. Though props to my coworker on carrying around that World Almanac from the movie, awesome.
So I have not written anything here in a long time and I really want to change that. I’m going to slightly modify the purpose of this website and make it posts about whatever I want. I used to just post about my fitness and health but now I want to focus on my life and use this as a path to practice my writing. Things have changed a bit since I last posted so let me bring you up to speed quickly.
1. I have changed jobs a couple times but I feel like the current one is a good fit with a company I love. While I am constantly looking for advancement I am happy with what I am doing.
2. I moved a couple times. I actually moved from Lincoln to Omaha which isn’t a large distance but I finally met my life goal of not living my whole life in Lincoln. Don’t get me wrong, I love Lincoln but I wanted to try somewhere else. The cats did not enjoy the move at first but they are finally settled in. I have an awesome roommate and an awesome roommate dog too now.
3. I spent all of last year working with a personal trainer and while I made some progress I seem to have hit a wall and then took some time off apparently. I am currently looking into joining a new gym and getting started on my own again. Working with a trainer taught me a lot but at this point I just can’t finically make that work. The real issue is getting myself back to healthy eating and working out. I’m pretty sure I’m going to join LA Fitness and start swimming again. I want to try running and biking again too but it’s so cold right now and I want to ease back into things so I don’t hurt myself.
4. I ended up quitting my MBA program and I feel like it’s for the best. I wasn’t happy about the classes and I wasn’t sure what I was going to accomplish with it. I am currently working on applying for a technical communication graduate certificate program through the local university and that seems to fit much better with what I’d like to do. I’d like to work on my freelance company and help other people create documentation and social media marketing materials. Now to just get this application done today because it’s due soon.
5. I’m going to start writing fiction again. It’s been a long time since I’ve really done some good writing. I’m going to try using this webpage as a way to post my writing samples and get ideas for where I can go. My first writing is going to be based around a character who starts getting phone messages and alerts from the future. I’m not sure where I’m going to go with it but I’m interested in finding out.
So here’s to 2015 – a year of opportunities!